Posted on the 6th July 2011.
The web is built on standards. The latest standard that is currently being finalised is HTML5. HTML5 is the language used to describe a web page. The new features in HTML5 (and related technologies) include:
- Visual effects like rounded corners, graduated fills, shadows and translucent elements. To deliver these effects before we used images which slowed down the loading of the web page.
- Improved support for video and audio.
- Added support for animation and interactivity. You can now have games in a web page.
- Improved form elements with validation and new form controls.
- Improved support for people with visual disabilities.